Wednesday, August 19, 2015

A TRIP AND A TREAT

Due to a few factors we've been rather housebound lately.

Today we set off for one of our favourite spots.

  

After a while one of our little guys thought he saw a dog swimming in the water, I wasn't watching too closely, I was supervising what was going into the mouth of the baby.



Very soon I heard delighted squeals "It's a seal!  IT'S A SEAL!"  Almost right!  It was a sea lion. (we looked it up again when we got home to be sure).



A little cutie.



The seal enjoyed the company of the children for quite a long time, then he/she headed off with the tide around the corner.   What a treat!

Many years back, at this same spot when our older boys were young we saw Orca!  It's a fantastic spot.









We had a nice play, then a snack then the baby needed to sleep, so we headed off.  To everyone's surprise he did actually fall asleep, after a fair amount of noise. 
   




We found a nice spot to explore on the way home - somewhere we'd never stopped before.    I stayed in the van with the baby and did a little artwork.  I'm working on a piece for a friend.   It's helping me calm down when things get too stressful.


I'm using a black Sakura Micron Pigma 03 pen for the outline, and Sakura Metallic Gelly Roll pens for the colour - I love those pens!

Baby woke, and cried all the way home - then remembered one reason we've been more or less housebound for the last 8 months!    Some babies travel well,  others don't.  It's just a short season hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment