Sunday, September 13, 2015

LOOSE PARTS



I've been a fan of "loose parts' for many years.

What are 'loose parts'?

They are bits that children can play with in many different ways.

Inside they might be marbles, cups, blocks, little people, pine cones, odd safe little bits and pieces.

Outside loose parts can be planks, buckets, stools, bricks, stones, sticks, bamboo poles etc.

I love to look around op-shops for things that can be added to our stash of loose parts.

Of course, with every good idea there is a down side.   And with loose parts the down side is the potential for MESS!!!!   Under the beds, down the hall, in clothes drawers, where the baby finds them ...  creativity is messy.  And I'm not always super-tolerant of that mess ("I just wanted to take this piece to bed with me because it's my favourite bit ...").

Loose parts became lost parts.

But I try to be organised, efficient, tolerant, because those little minds and fingers are busy and happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment